Wednesday, November 13, 2013

YA Review: Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout




Title: Origin (Lux #4)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
# of Pages: 400
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Publication Date: August 27th 2013
Source: Purchased
Level: Young Adult
Rating: 5 Hearts





Synopsis

Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive. 

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything. But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on? And will they even be together?

My Verdict
(CONTAINS MINOR SPOILERS)


Ahhhhhhh! I can't even tell you how hard it was to wait for this book to come out, but if you've read the rest of the series I'm sure you know exactly what it was like. I literally woke up on the 27th, got on my computer and downloaded this Kindle book. I would have devoured it in one sitting if it wasn't for the fact that I had to go to work =P so it took me longer to get through than I would have liked.

Unlike the rest of the books which were told from Katys perspective, this one was told using dual points-of-view since Daemon and Katy are separated for a decent chunk of it. I really loved getting both POVs; it made me love Daemon just that much more. 

We are introduced to some new characters, Archer, being the main addition. I'm curious to hear how others felt about him?? I liked him from the first moment he and Katy met. I just knew he was gonna end up helping them out. Even though Daemon & Katy still don't trust him, I really think he's one of the good guys. At least I hope he is! I want him and Dee to get together =)

The pacing of this one was SO much  better than the last, it starts right in the thick of things and there was never a dull moment. The 400 pages flew by because it was one thing after another right until the very end.

After that horrible cliffhanger that was book three, I kept waiting for things to go bad in the last few chapters, dread in my stomach waiting for it to come, but I'm happy no I'm THRILLED to report the ending this time around was not a cliffhanger. I repeat NOT A CLIFFHANGER. I don't feel the need to hunt Jennifer down and force her to tell me what happens next like I did last time around. No, this time, I am content in waiting. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm behind in this series! Every summer I try to get caught up on series, and maybe this is one I can target for summer 2014!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm two behind in this series, but it's probably good I waited, now I don't have the horrible cliffhanger. Hopefully I can get to them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you loved this one. I enjoyed the ending of the last book, not the cliffhanger of course, but where the story was going. But I just wasn't a fan of the pacing, especially when it came to Damon and Katy's relationship. I want this book to fix that and get them back on track. I guess I need to get Origin soon so I can read it myself :)

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking? Let me know! I love hearing from you and read each and every comment. I always try to respond or visit your blog in return so leave a comment. I know you want to ;)