Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wordlover Wednesday: Halcyon



I haven't done a Wordlover Wednesday post for awhile now and I miss it. So I'm going to try and get back to doing this every week. Todays word I found in the book of 100 most beautiful words. 
It is...


Halcyon (hal-see-uh n)
adjective- Happy, sunny, care-free
ex. Once they're back at school, children usually miss the halcyon days of summer vacation.

This is exactly how I felt yesterday after giving my group presentation in art history class. I was on cloud nine as I walked to my chair and knew it was over, and that I had survived! Haaha. My fear of public speaking really isn't healthy =/

2 comments:

  1. This is a good idea -- need to expand my vocabulary. Lovely word - halcyon. Writing PB does have a tendency to curb my use of big words! I'm glad your presentation went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love learning new words, and I think we could all use some expansion in our vocabularies.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking? Let me know! I love hearing from you and read each and every comment. I always try to respond or visit your blog in return so leave a comment. I know you want to ;)