Friday, March 23, 2012

Foreign Cover Friday: Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

Foreign Cover Friday is a weekly meme hosted by The Reading Fever, where foreign covers of the books we know and love are spotlighted and discussed. To join, either pick your favorite foreign cover or pick many foreign covers, and start discussing!

This weeks book is...

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight 
by 
Jennifer E. Smith

(US Version)
The cover we've all seen at least a million times.
I like how everyone else in the photograph is out of focus except for Hadley and Oliver.
 I also like that everything is black & white except for the heart around them and the word love.

I think this cover is a lot more cutesy and portrays the more light-hearted funny side of the book.

(English Language Editions, not quite sure from where...)
Practically the same as the US just with a little color change, which I think takes away from it. 

(German Version) 
Surprisingly this is the only cover that shows them on the plane! I really love the transparency of this photo, the silhouette of the girls face against the blue cloudy sky. 

(French Version) 
I'm not always a fan of sticking the characters right on the front but this one I really love! 

(Norwegian Version)
I can see what the thought process for this one was and it is  cute (I especially love the little heart shaped gleam in his eye) but at the same time I can't help but seeing some distorted alien face with crooked eyes when I look at it haaha! 

Overall, this is a great group of covers.  I would have picked up this book with any of these covers! 
How about you? Is there any you wouldn't choose?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, the French cover is super awesome! I like the male cover, he's a cutie! xD I love all the covers, but it would take me quite long time to buy the Norwegian version. The eyes are kind of... umm, unsettling. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the cutesy cover! In fact, I was looking everywhere for it but found it was an ARC cover? Sigh. I'm not really a fan of the Norwegian cover though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I so love this! I think I was meant to be a graphic designer, because I love book covers almost as much as the books. ;)

    I'm going to have to go with US pride and vote our cover as best, but I also really love the French one. I usually don't like the people on the cover either, but it came out really great.

    Following your blog now! (:

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking? Let me know! I love hearing from you and read each and every comment. I always try to respond or visit your blog in return so leave a comment. I know you want to ;)