Friday, May 18, 2012

Foreign Cover Friday: I Am Number Four


Foreign Cover Friday is a weekly meme hosted by The Reading Fever, where foreign covers of the books we know and love are spotlighted and discussed. To join, either pick your favorite foreign cover or pick many foreign covers, and start discussing!

This weeks book is...

I Am Number Four

by 
Pittacus Lore

 (US Version)
This is the version I read, as well as my favorite. It relates to the story, the colors are nice and I like the use of multiple type styles.

(US Movie Version)
This is the cover that came out after the movie, that shows us a picture of the main character. 
While it's not the most original designs, I like that they still incorporated the symbol of his mark from the original cover into the background of this one.

(Italian)
I don't really care much for this one. The symbol is kind of muddled up with the brightness of the lights shining through it. It definitely has a more "spacey" theme to it than the others. 

(French)
I always find it funny when a foreign cover uses the American dvd front as their design.

(German)
Everything about this one falls flat. It looks like they just slapped everything on a black background and called it a day. 

(Portuguese)
I have the same issue with this one as the one above


What are your thoughts? Love one? Hate one? Let me know below! 

2 comments:

  1. My copy is the US movie version, but I almost didn't buy it because of the cover LOL! Alex Pettyfer doesn't look like that swoonworthy in these covers. But well, it's only my opinion. Love the post, Amanda! :)

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking? Let me know! I love hearing from you and read each and every comment. I always try to respond or visit your blog in return so leave a comment. I know you want to ;)