Sunday, September 23, 2012

Book Review: Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone





Title: Time Between Us
Author: Tamara Ireland Stone
# Of Pages: 384
Publisher: Hyperion Books
Publication Date: October 9, 2012
Level: Young Adult
Rating: 5 Hearts






Synopsis

(From Amazon.com)

Anna and Bennett were never supposed to meet: she lives in 1995 Chicago and he lives in 2012 San Francisco. But Bennett’s unique ability to travel through time and space brings him into Anna’s life, and with him, a new world of adventure and possibility. As their relationship deepens, they face the reality that time might knock Bennett back where he belongs, even as a devastating crisis throws everything they believe into question. Against a ticking clock, Anna and Bennett are forced to ask themselves how far they can push the bounds of fate—and what consequences they can bear in order to stay together.

My Verdict

I think the fact that this book is not even out yet and it’s already been picked up in thirteen other countries and optioned as a film by CBS speaks for itself.

Tamara Ireland Stone brings a new concept to time travel and creates a great story about family, relationships, and love. I really liked how time travel was a big part of the story yet subtle at the same time. I must admit I did get a little confused at some points where Bennett was explaining what he could and couldn’t do.

For the most part I liked Anna as a main character, she has a good head on her shoulders, is responsible, determined, and full of dreams. Did I mention she works in a bookstore? Nuff said, haha!

Can we just gush about Bennett for a little while? First off, I love that name, it’s original just like Bennett. He has this incredible gift of being able to travel through time but he doesn’t let it go to his head or believe that he’s some super hero meant to change history. He is such a sweet and lovable guy, and treats Anna so well. I think my heart literally melted when he traveled back to Thai Island just to get her a souvenir postcard =)

As I drew closer and closer to the end of the book I got sad because I wasn’t ready for it to be over! While I loved the book as a whole, I did feel like the ending was a little bit lacking. There are a few things I would have liked to see happen that didn’t. It’s still a satisfying ending nonetheless. There is no doubt this is one of my favorite books of 2012! 

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Only 12 more days until it's out! Hope you enjoy it!! =)

      Delete
  2. *sigh* I've been dying to read this one for so long. So glad the release date is almost here! Hearing you say it is one of your fave 2012 books makes me so happy. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky enough to be able to borrow it from someone, but your wait is almost over! Only 12 more days! I hope it lives up to your expectations and you enjoy it as much as I did! =)

      Delete
  3. This book sounds interesting-I wasn't sure whether or not I wanted to read it, but your review made me more likely to give it a try. And I agree about Bennett's name! How wonderfully unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I encourage you to give it a try! =) I love when characters have unique names! I'm so sick of all the generic ones =P

      Delete
  4. Wow,I had no idea it was optioned to be a movie. And it's getting translated into 13 other languages? That is impressive! I wanted to read it before but now I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, crazy right?!? I hope you enjoy it as much as I did =) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

What are you thinking? Let me know! I love hearing from you and read each and every comment. I always try to respond or visit your blog in return so leave a comment. I know you want to ;)