Wednesday, December 19, 2012

25 Days of Christmas: Christmas Picture Books

So today I read a few Christmas picture books I wanted to share.

When I Love You At Christmas
by
David Bedford
Illustrations by Tamsin Ainslie

As a child prepares for Christmas - smudging her nose with the cake mix, tangling the strings as she wraps the gifts, singing carols out of tune - a favourite toy watches on and reflects on how much it adores its beloved owner.

My Rating:
Cute story even cuter illustrations!

The Christmas Quiet Book
by
Deborah Underwood
Illustrations by Renata Liwska

The holidays are filled with joyful noise. But Christmas is sometimes wrapped in quiet: “Searching for presents quiet,” “Getting caught quiet,” and “Hoping for a snow day quiet.” Irresistibly cute, soft colored pencil illustrations of bunnies, bears, and more paint a magical holiday picture indeed.

My Rating:
This one didn't really feel like a complete story, rather just a list of quiet things.
The illustrations are really what brought it to life! 


Pete the Cat Saves Christmas
by
Eric Litwin
Illustrations by James Dean

In this rockin' new spin on the traditional tale "The Night Before Christmas," Pete the Cat proves that giving your all in the spirit of Christmas is the totally groovy thing to do.

My Rating:
I didn't think I was going to love this one as much as I did. Very fun book! 

1 comment:

  1. These look so cute! I am always looking for good picture books for the kids. :)

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking? Let me know! I love hearing from you and read each and every comment. I always try to respond or visit your blog in return so leave a comment. I know you want to ;)