Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tune in Tuesday: My Teen Years Edition


Tune in Tuesday is a weekly segment hosted by Ginger from greads that showcases music. 
Each week you post a new or old song in hopes to gain it more interest.

For the whole month of July, Tune in Tuesday is going old school. Instead of sharing any song we will be sharing the songs from when we were teens. 

So to kick off Tune in Tuesday My Teen Years edition I'm going to take you all back to the year 2002, when I was 12 (which I guess is technically a tween not a teen but whatever). This is the year that my dad took me and my sister to our first concert. 
Here is who we saw:

Aaron Carter- The Main Act
Sigh.... my entire room used to be plastered with  posters of this guy. No lie, when the walls were full, I started hanging posters on my ceiling =/



Jump 5- Opening Act
To this day, I still own every single one of their CDs. Their music was wholesome, uplifting, and fun. I wish music like this was still popular.



No Secrets- Opening Act
Fun story about this one. So, we were in line at this fishmarket place to grab lunch before the concert started and the girl in the pink top was standing in line in-front of us. My sister didn't believe me when I told her so we called out her name to see if she turned around (lame I know). Anyways, it was her (I was right) and she ended up signing a bunch of stuff for us!




Triple Image- Opening Act
I couldn't even find any music videos of them on Youtube. I think they only ever had one CD.
Looking back, I can't believe I ever even listened to this.



Well, that was my first concert in a nutshell. 
Did anyone else listen to any of these groups growing up? 
If not, who were YOU listening to in the year 2002??

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Aaron Carter! He's suuuuper cute, and omg his hair! His beautiful hair and beautiful face and beutfiul music video! I was breathless every time I saw him on TV LOL! x)

    Love this post, Amanda! <3 I love seeing posts from people's teen years. it seems like we're in a time machine, looking at the stuff we were so obsessed long time ago hehe! x)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cute indeed! LoL. I'm glad you were a fan too! This used to be one of my favorite songs by him <3

      I had so much fun putting this post together! I like what you said about a time machine. It really is fun to look back at stuff that was such a big deal to us at the time. =)

      Delete
  2. I only know who Aaron Carter is & that's because of Nick Carter from BSB! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, for me it was the other way around! Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete
  3. Aaron Carter is so cute back then and I love this song from him. Wow! It seems so long ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This used to be one of my favorites from him! It does seem like forever ago huh? Time sure does fly.

      Delete
  4. Hi! Sorry about the delay in replying. I was down with a nasty flu.

    Back in 2002, I was almost the same as I am now, which means I was precocious. I loved Robbie Williams and Maroon 5 (I still do). Darius' Colourblind was a favourite. Justin Timberlake's Justified had just come out and Cry Me A River was receiving a lot of airplay. Cry Me A River still makes me nostalgic!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking? Let me know! I love hearing from you and read each and every comment. I always try to respond or visit your blog in return so leave a comment. I know you want to ;)