Friday, January 27, 2012

Foreign Cover Friday: Delirium


Foreign Cover Friday is a weekly meme hosted by The Reading Fever, where foreign covers of the books we know and love are spotlighted and discussed. To join, either pick your favorite foreign cover or pick many foreign covers, and start discussing!

This week's featured cover is:
Delirium 
by Lauren Oliver


(US Regular & Special Edition Hardbacks)
Okay so, the one on the top is the cover to the US hardcover edition and the one below it is the cover of the US special edition. I like both of these covers. I think the top one is  more unique than the bottom one, but I think the bottom one is more eye catching and fits within the style right now.

(US ARC Cover)
I'm so glad they changed their minds on this one before it came out! 

(Spain Cover)
I think this one is interesting, it's a lot like the US version but with a different color scheme. The only problem I have with this one is I can't tell if those are supposed to be vines or barbed wire? 

(German Cover)
This one I just saw for the first time today and I think it is by far the worst of them all.

(UK Cover)
This one is also really bad. Not only is it completely boring and generic but that girl looks like she's 12! 


How about you? Which cover do you love? Which cover do you hate? 

5 comments:

  1. Well, I the third US ARC cover reminds me of a ballet dancer and evokes more emotion than the others. It's okay. I think I like the second cover and the German cover. The final cover looks like it's for a MG reader, except it gives away "What if love were a disease." But, I don't like it because it is too wholesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sapain one with the US non-blue one as a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the German one I gotta say :) but these covers are really interesting...even the ARC one :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first instinct was the German cover--mostly because it is so eye catching. It is a tiny bit creepy though. Maybe that works for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually enjoy the german cover as well. I think that it implies just enough creepy and the red implying, well love. But I still love the original US Hardcover as well. I used Delirium in my FCF a few weeks ago and found a few more http://thepassionatebookworm.blogspot.com/2012/01/foreign-cover-friday.html
    there is a coatian cover similar to German, but just different enough to change it. And an english paperback that was different that was my favorite !

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking? Let me know! I love hearing from you and read each and every comment. I always try to respond or visit your blog in return so leave a comment. I know you want to ;)