Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wordlover Wednesday: Arachibutyrophobia


Everyone has phobias. I have a phobia of spiders, sharks, heights, drowning, etc, etc...
We all have them. No matter how big or small. What we probably don't know are the specific names for each phobia. Here is my list again: Arachnophobia, Selachophobia, Batophobia, and Aquaphobia. I love looking up all the different names for phobias and what they are, some can be quite amusing. So for the next few weeks, I figured wordlover wednesday would be dedicated to the definition of phobias. 

Todays phobia is...

Arachibutyrophobia- Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.



How about you? What's your phobia?

2 comments:

  1. What about:
    Alektorophobia: Fear of chickens. (Chickens?)

    Anatidaephobia: the fear that somehow, somewhere, a duck is watching you. (Hahahahahahahahahahahaha:) I love this one!)

    Bibliophobia: Fear of books. (How can someone be afraid of BOOKS!!!!!!!!!)

    Dextrophobia: Fear of objects at the right side of the body (Wha?!?!)

    Euphobia: Fear of hearing good news.

    Geliophobia: Fear of laughter.

    Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia: Fear of long words. (Ironic)

    Pantophobia: Fear of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, those are good ones!! How can you fear hearing good news!?!? Or laughter?!?

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking? Let me know! I love hearing from you and read each and every comment. I always try to respond or visit your blog in return so leave a comment. I know you want to ;)