Sunday, January 15, 2012

Book Review: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick









Title: Silence
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
# Of Pages: 448
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Publication Date: October 4, 2011
Level: Young Adult
Rating: 5 Hearts






Synopsis

(From Amazon.com)

The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever

My Verdict

So the whole premise of this book is that Nora wakes up with absolutely no recollection of the last five months of her life. No angels, no nephilim, no Patch. So for the whole book she is trying to figure out what happened to her and to remember the last five months of her life. This was frustrating enough on its own but what really bothered me was when she would ask her mom or Vee specific question about her past and they both flat out lied to her face! Aghh. This made me so mad at them. I know they were doing it because they were trying to protect Nora, but who are they to decide what is or is not good for her?

But not to worry, Nora is not a quitter and she will not give up without discovering the truth. While reading this installment, I noticed what a brave character Nora really is. She faces some insane things sometimes and she always faces them with such a calm sense of strength.

As always, the ending is chock full of adventure and surprises. This has become one of my favorite things about Becca Fitzpatrick’s writing. I can always count on a killer ending. I’m happy I waited until now to start reading this series because I didn’t have to wait a year in-between each one. I was able to get absorbed in them and blow through all three in just a few days. The only problem is now I’ve come to a screeching halt and must wait anxiously alongside all her other fans for the release of the fourth and final installment. 

1 comment:

What are you thinking? Let me know! I love hearing from you and read each and every comment. I always try to respond or visit your blog in return so leave a comment. I know you want to ;)