Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Haunted Week: Day 1

{This Girl Reads}
October 24th - Ghosts of Books Half-Read 
Ever had the feeling that someone was watching you? It just might the spirit of a book you haven't put to rest. Today feature five books you began but never finished. 


The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder
I hated the main character of this book within the first few pages. Her bucket list was full of not-so-nice things and her sarcasm drove me insane. After about 50 more pages of torture I decided it wasn't worth it. 

The Last Princess by Galaxy Craze
This was another one I gave up on fairly quickly. The writing just wasn't doing it for me, it felt hollow and lifeless. 

The Lost Code by Kevin Emerson
I felt like the writing of this was geared way more towards guy readers than girls. The way the main character described things that happened to him were like, "the commander in my head was screaming at the other technicians inside my body to repair the ripped tissue" it was weird to say the least.

Insanity by Lauren Hammond
I got sucked into this book because of the beautiful cover but let me tell you the inside is anything but beautiful. This "YA" was so sexually explicit it was ridiculous!  I've never felt so filthy while reading something in all my life. Once I stopped reading I wanted to burn my Kindle because it felt defiled.

You by Charles Benoit
The title says it all, this book was written in Second Person, where "You" become a part of the story.
This point of view is very uncommon in YA and I hadn't come across it before but it took only a short time for me to see why.


Have you read any of these books? Did you feel the same or differently? 
Let me know in the comments! 

11 comments:

  1. Well, I read TSPoM, and totally loved it, but it's probably because I can be as snarky as Cam. Plus the ending...*sobs*

    I really, really, want to read The Last Princess and The Lost Code, but I have absolutely no interest in that 'filthy book' lol. ;)

    I also want to read You by Charles Benoit, but it's because he wrote a book that I really liked--Fall from Grace. :F <==Look at the awesome Halloween Fangy Face! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a lot of people that enjoyed TSPOM, I guess it just wasn't for me. I haven't heard of Fall from Grace (that I can remember anyways) but I'll have to look it up! I like the Halloween Fangy Face =F

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, I'd never seen Insanity before, but that cover is gorgeous! Luckily, I now know to avoid it, no matter how pretty the cover is. (:

    See, I'd kind of wanted to read You for a while, because I'd heard of how it was in second person, and I wanted to know if it could be pulled off for a book. Sadly, it doesn't sound like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes be warned, do not be fooled by the pretty cover!!

      You know what "You" reminded me of? Those chose your own adventure books you read as a kid.

      Delete
  3. I haven't read my copy of The Probability of Miracles yet. :(

    I did read Insanity. I did have issues with all the sex too. I get that it was new adult but I felt like there was unnecessary sex going on, which turned me off until I got to the end, which I really liked.

    This was a fun post! lol I like hearing what people don't finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't realize Insanity was considered new adult. I don't really understand that genre, to me it just seems like an excuse to pack in extra explicit content, which is dumb because teenagers are still the ones reading them!!

      I agree, It is fun to hear what other people didn't finish =)

      Delete
  4. I haven't heard any of them before, but I think I'm going to avoid them.
    Sometimes I'm also influenced by beautiful covers ... :)
    Here is my first Haunted Week post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard not to be influenced by covers! Thanks for stopping by, I went over and checked out your list too =)

      Delete
  5. Interesting post. I'm surprised that The Probability of Miracles is in the list. I've heard so much rave about it. I haven't read it yet though but it made me curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm the odd one out on that book. I just really, really disliked Cam and her bucket list included things like hook up with my best friends boyfriend and I was just like you've got to be kidding me!!

      Delete
  6. I completely agree with The Last Princess. That was on my list as well.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking? Let me know! I love hearing from you and read each and every comment. I always try to respond or visit your blog in return so leave a comment. I know you want to ;)