Saturday, October 27, 2012

Haunted Week: Day 4

{This Girl Reads}
October 27th - Back From The Grave
Get ready to dig up your past and bring some of your old friends back to life: Today feature five books you read and loved as a kid.


The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and THE BIG HUNGRY BEAR 
by Don and Audrey Wood
Just seeing the cover of this again makes me smile! I remember this was a book that my mom frequently read to me as a kid =) 

Small Fur by Irina Korshunow
I seriously used to return this book to the library, sit there and wait for them to re-shelf it and then check it out again! 

The Aunt Eater Mysteries by Dough Cushman
Another library favorite 

The Sword in the Tree by Clyde Robert Bulla
I honestly don't even remember what I loved about this book I just know that I LOVED it. 

 Magic Tree House Series by Mary Pope Osborne
I still have the first fourteen books of this series on my shelf. I loved them so much as a kid I just can't bear to part with them. 



What were some of your favorite childhood books?

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of your books EXCEPT the Magic Tree House Series! I'm so happy to see that I'm not the only one who loved that series! It's in my post too. ;)

    But I seriously, I mean seriously, loved the little fact pages in the middle! (History. Love it. When it's interesting, or about mythology!)

    Awesome post, Amanda! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Magic Tree House, but I didn't think to post about them! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with the others in that I've only read the Magic Tree House Series—I guess that's a real universal kid's series among us book bloggers! (:

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking? Let me know! I love hearing from you and read each and every comment. I always try to respond or visit your blog in return so leave a comment. I know you want to ;)