Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tune In Tuesday: Helen Jane Long

Tune In Tuesday is a weekly feature in which bloggers get to showcase another one of their loves, music! The feature is hosted by Ginger over at GReads! but until further notice you can find it over at Kate’s Tales of Books and Bands.


Helen Jane Long 

What comes as a surprise to a lot of my friends is the ever growing playlist of instrumental music I have on my ipod (which is currently at the 100 mark). Listening to music while I'm studying  helps me to concentrate, but it can't have lyrics otherwise I get distracted. 

While a lot of the instrumentals I have are from movie soundtracks like Narnia, Transformers, and Little Women. I also have a love for piano, which I think is the most beautiful instrument EVER! I recently discovered the music of Helen Jane Long, who is a British composer, musician, and pianist. I've absolutely fallen head over heals for her album Porcelain.

Here are some of my favorites...






Find Out More About Helen Jane Long:

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I love this meme. I think I will have to try it out for myself and if not I always got you (;
    I got into instrumentals a while back but I am back to singers. I'm liking violins rather than pianos.
    She’s Got Books on Her Mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it, it's a lot of fun! =) Violins are my second favorite instrument!

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of Helen Jane Long before but love this! Always looking for good instrumental music, thanks for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it Elena! Thanks for stopping by =)

      Delete
  3. I love getting lost in instrumental music and this is just the type I love! So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy to get lost within a beautiful song! Glad you enjoyed these =)

      Delete

What are you thinking? Let me know! I love hearing from you and read each and every comment. I always try to respond or visit your blog in return so leave a comment. I know you want to ;)