Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Haunted Week: Day 7

{This Girl Reads}
October 30th - Written in the Tombstone
The epitaph is the inscription on a tombstone—you could say it's a person's last words. Today, quote the last line of five books. (No spoilers, please!)

" I love you. Remember. They cannot take it."

" It was a sign something exceptional was going to happen."

" This girl is starting now."

" Maybe I never was."

" And while Luce dreamed below of the most glorious wings unfurling--the likes of which she'd never seen before-- two angels in the rafters shook hands."


Do you think last lines are as important as first lines? 
What do you think of these last lines? 

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love Delirium and Fallen's last lines! Of course, those are the two books I've read out all of them, so that might have something to do with it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delirium. Is. The. Only. Book. I've. Read. I feel like a failure right now, lol. I've heard that Fallen is super good, and I can't wait to read The Raft and Awaken! But I'd never heard of Exposed before. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Written in the tombstones sounds interesting. Haven't read any of the books though, but they do capture ones imagination. Have seen Delirium and Fallen in the stores.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that last line of Delirium, it's haunting. Even more so now that I've read the whole book and am not-so-patiently waiting for book 3 after all the events that took place in book 2. NEED IT NOW! And I think the last lines are just as important as the opening ones, they're the ones that usually stay with me the longest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. DELIRIUM!! Gosh, those last pages nearly killed me, I would say last lines makes greater impacts, but first lines draw attention. Favourite example of mine: "Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much." ;)

    Happy Halloween!!

    -Alicia
    bookaworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't find anything good for this but maybe I was over thinking it. I would say that the last chapter is more key than the last words because sometimes the last words don't say anything to you.
    Very pretty covers you got here (:
    Those are some really good last lines you found there too.
    "This girl is starting now" sounds really memorable and has gotten me super curious about the book.
    She’s Got Books on Her Mind

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking? Let me know! I love hearing from you and read each and every comment. I always try to respond or visit your blog in return so leave a comment. I know you want to ;)